Crunchy Vegetable Rice Balls
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 1275 times
Crunchy Vegetable Rice Balls, a wholesome combination of rice and veggies spiked up with spices. The use of soy sauce and spring onions imparts an oriental flavour. Sesame seeds add a nutty taste and a delicate, almost invisible, crunch to balls.You can make good use of left over rice to make these Crunchy Vegetable Rice Balls.
- Heat oil in a vessel, add spring onion whites, crushed garlic and green chilies and saute for 3 min. Add the chopped vegetables and saute for 5 min.
- Add salt, pepper powder and soy sauce and mix. Turn off heat and cool.
- Mix cooked rice, chopped coriander leaves and the cooked vegetables. Add corn flour and honey and mix.
- Prepare small lemon sized balls and refrigerate for 10 or 15 min.
- In a small bowl, make a thin batter for flour, water and salt.
- Dip each ball into the flour mixture and roll in the sesame seeds and keep aside.
- Heat the oil for deep frying in a non-stick wok.
- Once it piping hot, reduce flame and place the balls into the hot oil and deep fry on medium flame to high flame till they turn golden brown.
- Remove on absorbent paper and serve hot with tomato sauce.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by MOONBEAMS on 21 Jun 2015
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.