Crunchy Vegetable Pickle ( Zero Oil Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 40 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 25048 times
Crisp vegetable pieces in chilli, mustard and brine (salt solution). Choose any combination of fresh winter vegetables for this pickle and finely chop them. The vegetables are then immersed in a salt solution and left aside for a day. This is done to reduce the water content of vegetables, which improves their shelf life.
The next day, spices viz. Mustard, turmeric and chilli powders are added and mixed in the pickle. The pickle is ready to serve immediately. You can refrigerate it to keep it for longer.
- Combine the mixed vegetables, salt and ½ cup of water and mix well. Bottle this pickle in a sterilized glass jar and leave aside for 1 day.
- The next day, remove 2 tablespoons of water from the pickle.
- Combine the split mustard seeds, chilli powder, asafoetida and turmeric powder with this water and blend to a smooth paste in a mixer.
- Add this paste to the prepared pickle and mix well.
- Serve immediately or store refrigerated for upto 6 months.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.