Crunchy Nut and Macaroni Salad
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7219 times
You can add sun dried tomatoes if available to enhance this recipe.
- First boil the macaroni in a pot with enough water to cover it.
- Add a few drops of cooking oil to the water so that the macaroni does not stick.
- Boil till it is cooked.
- Now strain and immediately rinse in cold water.
- Set aside.
- Take a brinjal, the large variety and coat with oil.
- Roast over medium flame till the outer layer is burnt.
- Now remove the outer layer by running it under water and chop into small pieces.
- Similarly roast the tomato and capsicum over the flame till the outer layer shrivels.
- For tomato and capsicum, you dont need to peel them.
- Chop them into 1/4 inch pieces.
- Now in a pan heat the cooking oil and add the brinjal.
- Fry it well for 3-4 minutes.
- Now add the tomato and capsicum and toss again.
- Now add the macaroni and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add salt.
- In a small bowl add olive oil and mix it well with the vinegar.
- Pour this mixture over the macaroni and add the pine nuts.
- Take off from flame and garnish with chopped coriander.
- Cool a bit before serving.
This recipe was contributed by geetikasharma on 14 Jul 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.