Crunchy Matar Pulao
This recipe has been viewed 8638 times
Best with lunch or can be a wholesome dish in the summer
- Wash the rice 2 times in water and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker, add the makhane and sayute till they turn crisp.
- Remove, add the cashews and fry till they turn crisp.
- Add the onions and saute till they turn golden brown and crisp. Remove and add salt to makhanas, cashews and onions and keep aside.
- In the same oil, add the cumin seeds, bay leaf, cinnamon stick, cardamom and peppercorns and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and green peas and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the rice and 1 3/4 cups water and mix well.
- Add salt and pressure cook for 1 whistle.
- Cool and open the lid of the cooker.
- Flick the pulao with a fork.
- Serve on a dish and spread the fried makhane, cashews and onion slices.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by Pranav1393 on 02 Aug 2012
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.