Crunchy Masti Delight
by MEENA SAVLA
This recipe has been viewed 1080 times
Crunchy Masti Delight is a combination of suji and carrot halwa with a twist adding a orange flavour to it and the ‘Crunch’ is all time favourite “Mix Nut Chikki”. The Caramel Sauce topping adds an extra star to this Indian Fussion Dessert.
- Grease a tray or thali with ghee and keep aside.
- Lightly dry roast all the nuts , cool and chop into pieces.
- Heat sugar in a pan and caramelize the sugar till light brown, add the chopped nuts, mix well quickly.
- Spread it on the prepared greased tray/thali and let it cool. Break into small pieces and keep aside.
- Cook carrots and milk in a deep pan for 2-3 boils. Keep aside
- In a broad non-stick pan roast semolina in ghee till light pink in colour.
- Add prepared carrot milk, sugar and cook till thick.
- Add the orange essence, orange rind and ghee, mix well and keep aside
- In a non-stick caramelize sugar till brown, remove from heat.
- Add butter, milk and cream, mix well.
- Return the pan to heat, cook while stirring continuously on low heat till thick. Keep aside to cool.
- The sauce will thicken as it cools. If it is too thick add little milk or cream.
- Take shot glasses or serving bowls and fill them with semolina–carrot halwa till half full.
- Lightly pound the crunch and sprinkle on top of the semolina–carrot halwa.
- Finally top with caramel sauce and refrigerate to chill for 1 to 2 hours.
- Sprinkle pieces of crunch, insert chocolate garnish and sprinkle few silver balls and serve.
This recipe was contributed by MEENA SAVLA on 30 Aug 2016
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.