Crunchy Colourful Salad
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 5710 times
Fresher the lettuce, the crunchier your salad will be. look for lettuce that is green and curly. it adds very good flavour to the salad. if your taste buds like bitter foods, you could also add fresh red lettuce to the recipe
- Wash all vegetables thoroughly
- To cut the avacado, slice it into two halves lengthwise. remove the seed and then cut large pieces into the flesh. scoop these pieces out of the skin so that you can still retain the very green bits.
- Cut the peppers and tomatoes into large pieces, chop the spring onions lengthwise.
- Pluck out the lettuce leaves and clean the base so as to leave the leaves whole.
- Mix all the vegatables together in a salad bowl and refrigerate for 20 minutes or till cold.
- Mix chopped garlic, balsemic vinegar and olive oil togther in a jar and beat well so that the oil and vinegar mix well.
- Add salt and freshly grated pepper to taste.
- Serve cold salad with dressing alongside fresh french bread or burgers.
This recipe was contributed by seemabhatia78 on 09 Jun 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.