Crunchy - Nutty Mango Phirni
by dr neerj
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 1710 times
In North India Mango phirni is is also known as aam ki phirni. Mango phirni is an ultimate rich, creamy, silky smooth dessert in a bowl.Traditional Phirni is a festive sweet dish prepared with full fat milk, fragrant rice like basmati, sugar and cardamom.To give a crispy , nutty and fruity twist to traditional phrini mango, nuts, and Caramel Sugar Circles are used. Crunchy-Nutty Mango Phirni is full of sweetness ,crunch, nuts and protein carbs and vitamin.
- Combine sugar and water in heavy–bottomed pan.
- Heat over medium flame, while stirring continuously, until the sugar dissolve completely.
- Now increase the heat to medium high and cook until the syrup reaches a light caramel stage and turns brown in color. Switch off the flame.
- Add cardamom powder and finely chopped almonds, pistachios and saffron.
- Transfer it on baking sheet and cut it in round circles with the help of a knife. Keep aside to cool.
- Put the milk to boil in a heavy bottomed vessel.
- Once the milk comes to a boil, lower the heat low and add the ground rice mixture.
- Keep on stirring till it blends well with the milk and begins to thicken.
- Simmer till it reduces to 3/4th of its original quantity it may take 20-25 minutes.
- Add the sugar and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Switch off the flame and add mango puree and cream. Mix well.
- Pour into small earthenware containers and keep aside to cool.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 to 4 hours.
- Serve chilled garnished with nutty caramel sugar circles, chopped pistachios, mango pieces and cream.
This recipe was contributed by dr neerj on 30 May 2016
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.