Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 2455 times
1.float cheese croutons on top of the soup just before serving.
2.convert stale bread slices into delicious croutons
do not throw away the stale bread slices. cut them into fancy shapes using cookie cutters, saute in a little oil with chopped garlic and bake till crisp to get fancy garlic croutons
Add your private note
Croutons (basic,garlic,cheese) recipe - How to make Croutons (basic,garlic,cheese)
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- Remove the crust from the bread slices and cut into small cubes.
- Heat the oil and fry the bread cubes until golden.
- Remove, drain well and dry on absorbent paper.
- Crush the garlic.
- Remove the crusts from the bread slices and cut the bread into small cubes.
- Heat the oil. when hot, add the bread cubes and cook whilst stirring constantly.
- When the cubes start to turn colour, add the garlic and mix well.
- When the cubes are golden brown, remove and drain.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper and a little chilli powder, if desired.
- Serve hot.
- Grill the bread slices, on one side only.
- Turn the slices over, sprinkle the cheese on top and grill until golden brown.
This recipe was contributed by sumagandlur on 27 Dec 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.