Crispy mushroom spring rolls
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2503 times
Add your private note
Crispy mushroom spring rolls recipe - How to make Crispy mushroom spring rolls
Cooking Time: Total Time:
1 tbs peanut oil plus extra oil for deep-frying
1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
300g cup mushrooms, finely diced
4 green onions, thickly sliced
1 medium carrot, peeled & grated
2 cups shredded cabbage
50g bean sprouts, trimmed
1/2 cup sweet chilli sauce
330g pkt spring roll pastry sheets
- 1. heat 1 tbs oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. add the
- Almonds, mushrooms, green onions, carrot & chinese cabbage & cook,
- Stirring occasionally, for 5-6 minutes or until vegetables are soft. remove
- From heat & stir in bean sprouts & 2 tbs sweet chilli sauce. set the pan
- Aside for 30 minutes for mixture to cool slightly.
- 2. to make the spring rolls, place 2 tbs mushroom filling onto one corner of
- A spring roll wrapper. fold the wrapper over the filling. brush the
- Opposite corner with cold water & wrap firmly, folding in the sides &
- Pressing to seal. repeat using the remaining filling & spring roll
- 3. heat the oil in a medium saucepan or wok over medium-high heat until a
- Piece of spring roll pastry sizzles when dropped into the oil. deep-fry
- The spring rolls, in batches of 4, for 2-3 minutes or until golden. remove
- & drain on paper towel.
- 4. serve immediately with the remaining sweet chilli sauce for dipping.
- Variation: replace the almonds with roughly chopped, roasted, unsalted peanuts & add 1/2
- Cup fresh coriander leaves to the spring roll filling.
This recipe was contributed by setseeani on 22 May 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.