Crispy Rice Vada
This recipe has been viewed 11686 times
Crispy rice vada is a deep fried, tasty savoury relatively unknown to the world, but popular within the small mercantile community in western part of Tamil nadu.Inspite of being a deep fried item, it is relatively easier to digest than the dal vadas. Hence people tend to have more of these vadas when compared to that of dal vadas.The small onions (shallots)impart a unique smell and sweet taste to this savoury. Water should not be added while grinding the batter.I usually prepare this as a "starter" in Kitty parties and it has always been received with a resounding success !
- Wash and soak the rice and dal together for 1/2 an hour.
- Grind rice, dal, kashmiri red chillies,curry leaves, big onions and salt without using water.
- Add the baby onions and coriander.
- Heat the oil in a deep-frying pan.Flatten the well-mixed batter on one side of your palm to a diameter of 4 to 5 inches and 1/4" thickness.
- Drop the flattened batter into the oil and deep fry till it turns golden brown in colour.
- Deep fry to a light brown colour.
- Serve hot with the dip.
This recipe was contributed by saapadu on 27 Feb 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.