Crispy Ragi Vada.
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 20332 times
Crispy Ragi vada can a tasty savoury also be healthy? you will definitely agree if you bite into a Ragi Vada. Ragi with its high Iron and fibre content has obvious health benefits.
Even a diabetic can enjoy this savoury, without feeling guilty. Although it is a deep-fried snack, it does not absorb oil as other vadas.
- Combine small onions , curry leaves and green chilli and blend them together till smooth powder.
- In a deep bowl, combine smooth powder, ragi flour, onion and salt and knead in to a soft dough.
- Divide the dough into 10 equal portions. Roll out each portion of the dough oil greased plastic sheet to diameter of 3 inches and a thickness of 3mm.(1/8 of a inch)
- Heat oil in a deep pan, fry each of the vadas, until it turns golden brown in colour.
- Serve hot with tomato sauce
This recipe was contributed by bhojana on 27 Feb 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.