Crispy Cup Dosas
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 4598 times
The crispy cup dosa is a crispy delicious pancake or dosa recipe prepared from a batter comprising of urad dal, chana dal and besan. The cup dosa is enjoyed as breakfast or meal with chutney and a powder made from til seeds, lentils and spice powders.
- Soak the urad dal and chana dal in lukewarm water for at least 4 hours.
- 2. Wash, drain and grind to a smooth paste with a little water.
- 3. Cover and allow to ferment overnight.
- 4. Next day, add the besan, 1 cup of water and salt and mix well.
- 5. Heat a non-stick tava on a medium flame till hot and grease it with a little oil.
- 6. Spread one ladle full of the dosa batter thinly on the tava.
- 7. Pour some oil from the sides and roast the dosa on a medium flame till it is golden brown in colour.
- 8. Fold the dosa into half and remove from the tava.
- 9. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- 10. Serve hot with malagapadi powder given below.
This recipe was contributed by Hpatel7 on 23 Nov 2015
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.