Crispy Corn Tikkis with Barbeque Sauce
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 37 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15353 times
This Crispy Corn Tikki is like nothing you have ever tasted before. Flavoured with parsley, crushed pepper and garlic, this unique tikki combines corn with crunchy veggies like red capsicum and onions, to make a truly out-of-the-world snack, which becomes all the more irresistible when topped with a freshly-prepared, tangy Barbeque Sauce.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the corn, potatoes, parsley, salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl, add the cornflour and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 14 equal portions and roll each portion into a 50 mm. (2”) diameter circle.
- Heat and grease a non-stick tava (griddle) with oil and cook each tikki using little oil till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Combine all the ingredients in a broad non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Keep aside to cool.
- Serve immediately with barbeque sauce.
Nutrient values per tikki
|Vitamin A||89.1 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||10.2 mg|
|Folic Acid||12.3 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.