by Aditya Vikram Shah
This recipe has been viewed 119097 times
Crispy Corn, this recipe features an outburst of crunch and flavour.
Rice flour and corn flour help to bind the boiled corn kernels and masalas. The masala coated corn is deep fried till golden and crisp.
Onions and tomatoes add a crunch, while the chaat masala and lemon juice adds a lovely chatpata, chaat mouth-feel to the Crispy Corn.
- Pressure cook the corn cobs up to 5 long whistles in salted water.
- Remove the cobs from water and shred the corn kernels and collect them on a flat plate.
- Mix corn flour, rice flour, chilly powder and some salt together and sprinkle this mixture on the shredded corn kernels.
- Spray a few drops of water and mix nicely with your hand so that the corn kernels are coated nicely with the powders.
- Heat oil in a wok and deep fry the corn kernels on a medium flame until golden in colour.
- The corn kernels would become really crisp.
- Once fried, drain on an absorbent paper.
- Chop the onion and tomato.
- In a deep bowl mix the crispy corn, chopped onion, chopped tomato, chaat masala, lemon juice and coriander. Mix well and serve immediately.
This recipe was contributed by Aditya Vikram Shah on 07 Sep 2015I like to read books, listening to soft music and riding my bike along the river banks while its rai...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.