Crispy Bread Cups
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 809 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 123731 times
An enticing and wholesome bread delight that can be served as a snack, a breakfast or as an appetizer before the main meal. Crispy Bread Cups contain loads of corn and low-fat milk, making it a great source of energy, calcium and protein, which are essential for healthy bones and muscles. Kids will also love the appealing presentation of this dish—when preparing for kids you may use regular butter and milk instead of low-fat variants.
- Remove the crust from the bread slices.
- Wrap the bread slices in a muslin cloth and steam in a steamer for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Place the bread slices on a clean, dry surface and roll them very gently using a rolling pin.
- Grease a muffin tray using low-fat butter.
- Press the rolled bread slices into the moulds of the greased muffin tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 15 minutes or till the bread is crisp. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds or till they turn translucent.
- Add the capsicum and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the sweet corn, cornflour-milk mixture and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute or till the mixture thickens, while stirring continuously.
- Divide the filling into 8 equal portions and keep aside.
- Fill a portion of the filling in each toasted bread case.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per bread cup
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.