Crispy Bitter Gourd
by Alpna poddar
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 26996 times
Crispy Bitter Gourd, karelas are known to be highly beneficial for diabetics. Here is an easy recipe to make crispy karelas. Pressure cooking the karelas helps to quicken the cooking time. Sauteed on low flame and the the sprinkling of besan helps to make them crisp.
Serve with dal-rice or with dahi ke paranthe
- Make a slit in each bitter gourd and place them in cooker.
- Pour 1 cup of water and pressure cook for just 1 whistle.
- Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida, turmeric powder and salt and saute for a minute.
- Add the bitter gourd and saute gently.
- Add the dried mango powder, sugar and besan, mix well and saute for 3-4 minutes on low flame till crisp.
- Cut them into diagonal shape and garnish with coriander.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by Alpna poddar on 21 Jun 2015love to cook new dishes,teacher by profession, Mother of two teen age children,interested in sharing...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.