Crispy Bhindi Aur Pyaz
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 216 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 54304 times
Even those who do not like the mushiness of ladies finger a sure to fall in love with this recipe! Here, deep-fried ladies finger strips are mixed with perky spice powders and caramelised onions, to make a scrumptious accompaniment for dal-chawal. Deep-frying the ladies finger gives the humble veggie an exciting makeover. That too in a very thoughtful way, because the coating of maize flour imparts the perfect crunch without absorbing too much oil! Crispy Bhindi aur Pyaaz must be enjoyed fresh, to experience its best texture and flavour. Serve this delectable preparation of ladies finger with Panch Ratani Dal and Jeera Rice
- Combine the bhindi, maize flour and salt in a deep bowl and toss well.
- Heat the oil in a deep kadhai and deep-fry the bhindi a few at a time till they turn light brown in colour from all the sides.
- Drain on an absorbent paper. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds. When the seeds crackle, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 5 minutes.
- Add the deep-fried bhindi, chilli powder, chaat masala, turmeric powder and little salt and mix well.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.