Crepes Belle Helen ( Eggless Desserts Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 56 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8189 times
A lady-like name, a luring aroma and a lingering taste… all in all, crêpes belle helen is a dessert to long for. How else can it be when delicious crêpes are stuffed with stewed pears and topped with a rich chocolate sauce? lose yourself in every magical bite.
- Combine the pears along with ½ cup of water in a deep non-stick pan and cover and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the sugar, lemon juice and lemon rind, mix well and simmer gently for approx. 10 to 12 minutes or till the pears are tender. Keep aside.
- Place a crêpe on a serving plate and place 1½ tbsp of the filling on ¼th portion of the crêpe. Fold into a semi-circle and press gently.
- Repeat step 1 to make 9 more crêpes.
- Place the crêpe on a serving plate and pour some fudge sauce over it.
- Serve immediately.
- You can use peaches instead of pears and trickle some of the fudge sauce over the pancakes.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.