Creamy Pesto Pasta ( Tiffin Treats)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 124 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 34613 times
Pesto, a sauce made of nuts and herbs is made richer here by the addition of spinach, which gives it a vibrant colour, unique flavour and creamier texture too. Along with olive oil and cheese, it makes a great home for perfectly cooked fusilli. Kids are sure to enjoy this Creamy Pesto Pasta for lunch, as it stays good in the tiffin box for at least 4 hours. However, you must take care not to cook after adding the pesto. It is important to pack it in a slightly moist consistency, so that it does not dry up too much and turn lumpy when it cools down. Cheese and Vegetable Sticks will make a good combo with the pasta, so do pack some in another tiffin.
- Boil enough water in a deep non-stick pan, add the basil and spinach, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Drain and refresh it with cold water and allow it to cool.
- Once cooled, combine all the ingredients in a mixer and blend to a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the fusilli and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the prepared pesto, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Allow it to cool completely, and pack it with the cheese sprinkled on top in an air-tight tiffin box.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.