Creamy Mushroom Soup
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 17360 times
Healthy and tasty soup made from the cream of mushrooms and broth of other vegetables.
- Sauté onions and garlic in a large heavy pot in oil or water.
- Add barley and nutmeg and cook for 1 minute, stirring.
- Add chopped mushrooms, broth and sherry.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 40 minutes.
- Add parsley and cool soup slightly.
- Purée soup in batches in a food processor or blender until very smooth.
- Return to the pot and season with salt and pepper.
- Reheat and serve garnished with more sliced mushrooms.
This recipe was contributed by padmadwivedi on 23 Jan 2005
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.