Creamy Lettuce Soup
by Jyoti V B
This recipe has been viewed 835 times
This unique and delicious combination of lettuce and onions is sure to become a favourite. The combination of fenugreek, mint, coriander and spinach with the onions, lettuce, pepper and butter gives the soup a creamy texture and wonderful taste. By drinking this soup, you can consume a whole lot of green leafy vegetables which are sure to improve your health!
Add your private note
Creamy Lettuce Soup recipe - How to make Creamy Lettuce Soup
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 4 serving
- Heat the butter or oil in a deep non-stick pan. Add onion and saute for 2 minutes by adding a pinch of salt.
- Add the lettuce, spinach, green chilli, coriander, mint and fenugreek leaves and saute for 2 to 3 minutes. Add 2 cups of water and mix well.
- Cover with a lid and cook for 7-8 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Allow it to cool for sometime and then blend in a mixer till pureed.
- Transfer the puree into a deep non-stick pan and add salt, pepper and cumin powder.
- Cook on a medium flame for 2-3 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot!
This recipe was contributed by Jyoti V B on 23 Jan 2018
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.