Creamy Curd Rice
Added to 10 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5826 times
Creamy Curd Rice makes for a perfect cooling rice recipe for summers. The curd rice is tempered with mustard seeds, chillies and hing and then enjoyed with roasted papad as meal.
- Cook the rice with 4 cups of water in a pressure cooker.
- When it is done..immediately take it out of the cooker and mash it nicely with a potato masher.
- Add milk to it and keep it in the fridge overnight.
- Next day, add curd and salt to it and mix it well.
- In a vessel, add ghee,jeera,mustard seeds,urad dal,curry leaves, green chilli,hing and grated ginger and allow the dal to become brown and the mustard to splutter.
- Add this mixture to the curd rice and mix well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Your creamy curd rice is ready!!
This recipe was contributed by draarthi on 11 Mar 2005
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.