by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 420 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 42561 times
A creamy, soothing curry made with cauliflower, onions and tomatoes in a mildly-flavoured white base. Onion, ginger and chillies together give the curry a very pleasant flavour without any overpowering spices. It is interesting to note that the ‘creamy’ consistency is brought about using a combination of cornflour and milk, and without typically rich ingredients like butter or cream; this makes the Creamy Cauliflower relatively easier to digest too.
- Combine all the ingredients in a mixer and blend well to a smooth paste using little water. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the green chillies and tomatoes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cauliflower florets and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cornflour-milk mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 more minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the paste and coriander, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 3 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||428.8 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.6 mg|
|Vitamin C||48.8 mg|
|Folic Acid||30.9 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.