Creamy Almond Soup
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 49 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 60326 times
The Creamy Almond Soup is a class apart from everyday soups like tomato, veggie or mushroom soups. The moment it is placed on the table, you can experience a rich aroma wafting out of the bowl, and as soon as a spoonful of the soup rests on your palate, you are sure to forget yourself in its luscious texture and special flavour.
Indeed, you will find that this soup is almond, almond and almond all through. With a bit of white sauce to add volume to the almond paste and nothing but a dash of pepper to enhance the flavour, this Creamy Almond Soup makes its presence felt on the menu and in your heart!
You will love the Creamy Almond Soup all the more when served with interesting startrs like Baked Cheese, Chutney and Mustard Roll , Nacho Grande and Corn and Capsicum Tikki .
- Soak the almonds in hot water for 10 minutes. Remove the skin and blend in a mixer using 2 tbsp of water till smooth. Keep aside
- Heat the butter in a deep non-stick pan, add the plain flour, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the white stock, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the milk, almond paste, almond essence, fresh cream, salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately garnished with almond slivers.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.