Creamy Almond Soup ( Jain International Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 26 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22308 times
The goodness of almonds complements the tasty white-pumpkin puree. . . . You couldn't have tasted a more wholesome soup before!
- Soak the almonds in hot water for 10 minutes and remove their skins. Take a few aside for the garnish and thinly slice and roast them on a tava (griddle) or in an oven until crisp. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker. Add the white pumpkin, the remaining almonds, 3 cups of water and salt and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- When cooked, blend into purée, add the cornflour mixture, almond essence, salt, pepper and milk.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer for some time till the soup thickens.
- Fill the bowl with the soup and garnish with cream and roasted almond slices
- Serve hot.
- VARIATION: CREAMY PISTACHIO SOUP
- Use pistachios instead of almonds to make a Creamy Pistachio Soup.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||147.5 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.6 mg|
|Vitamin C||0.5 mg|
|Folic Acid||5.7 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.