Cream Of Lettuce Soup, Microwave Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 61 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12834 times
A luscious soup with a catchy hue, the Cream of Lettuce Soup is also conveniently easy and quick to make! The unique flavour of lettuce needs just a bit of onions to enhance the flavour further. Cooked and blended together, the lettuce and onion mixture is thickened with milk and cornflour and seasoned simply with salt.
Despite the use of minimal ingredients and an extremely simple procedure, made even quicker using the microwave, the Cream of Lettuce Soup has a really mouth-watering texture and flavour, which nobody can resist. That’s the beauty of this recipe!
- Chop the lettuce and onion.
- Put the lettuce leaves in a bowl and microwave on high for about 30 seconds.
- Add the onions and microwave on high for 1 minute or until light pink in colour.
- Blend the lettuce and onions to a smooth puree in a blender. Strain.
- Mix the milk, plain flour and add to the puree. Add 3 teacups of water.
- Cover and microwave on high for about 3 minutes, stirring once in-between after 1 1/2 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||446.8 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||5.4 mg|
|Folic Acid||5.6 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.