Cream Of Cauliflower and Almond Soup
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 67 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 27560 times
The Cream of Cauliflower and Almond Soup is a sumptuous choice with a mild, soothing flavour and creamy consistency interspersed with the exciting crunch of roasted almonds. Both cauliflower and potatoes are known for giving texture and volume to dishes, and naturally, this soup has a rich and luxurious feel, which is complemented well by the mild pungency of onions. As you bite into pieces of crisp roasted almonds in every spoonful, you can’t help wishing that the experience would last forever.
- Heat the butter in a pressure cooker, add the onions and potatoes and sauté on a medium flame for at least 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower florets, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of water and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Allow it to cool slightly and blend in a mixer to a smooth mixture.
- Transfer the mixture into a kadhai, add milk, ¼ cup of water, salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the almond essence, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Serve hot garnished with almond slivers.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||198 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.7 mg|
|Vitamin C||21.6 mg|
|Folic Acid||6.4 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.