Cream Of Brocilli
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 1089 times
Cream of Brocolli is a creamy hot soup recipe with blanched broccoli florets added to a butter laden milk based soup recipe. The butter, flour and milk is cooked together to make a creamy white sauce and then enjoyed hot with broccoli dropped into it.
Add your private note
Cream Of Brocilli recipe - How to make Cream Of Brocilli
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- Heat 1 1/2 tablespoon of butter and saute the onions lightly.
- Add three fourths of the broccoli and cook gently for a few minutes.
- Add the stock and cook until soft. remove from the heat and pass through a blender to make a puree.
- Melt the remaining butter in a pan over gentle heat.
- Add the flour and stir for 1 minute making sure that there is no discolouration.
- Add the milk and bring to the boil. simmer for 5 minutes and add salt, pepper and nutmeg powder. add to the soup.
- In a seperate pan of boiling water, blanch the remaining broccoli to a bright green colour.
- Strain carefully and refresh in ice-cold water. drain.
- Put the blanched broccoli in the soup, garnish and heat for a few minutes just before serving.
- Serve piping hot.
This recipe was contributed by kvsantha on 21 Feb 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.