Cream Of Broccoli Soup, Diabetic Friendly Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 38 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 61360 times
This soup is unique and enjoyable in more ways than one. For starters, it makes innovative use of the stalks that are usually discarded!
Plus, it is a really creamy soup that is made without cream! Yes, to make this low-cal I have used a combination of milk and corn flour to create the creamy feel.
Take care not to strain the water after cooking, to retain the full goodness. Broccoli is, needless to say, very healthy, being rich in vitamins C and A. Drown in the flavours of this easy-to-make comforting, nutritious soup!
You can also try other soups like Moong Soup or Lettuce and Cauliflower Soup .
- Combine the broccoli stalks with 3 cups of water in a non-stick deep pan and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes.
- Add the florets, mix well and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove from the flame and keep aside.
- When cool blend in a mixer till smooth. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the broccoli purée and milk and cornflour mixture, mix well and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes or till it thickens.
- Add the salt and pepper, mix well and simmer for another minute.
- Serve hot garnished with walnuts.
- It is highly recommended that this recipe be relished by diabetics only occasionally and in small quantities. This is just a mere ‘treat’ and does not qualify for a regular diabetic menu.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.