Cream Of Broccoli Soup By v_saj
Added to 11 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3767 times
Cream of broccoli soup is a healthy and delicious soup or Shorba recipe prepared by cooking together broccoli, cream , onion and spice powders. Serve this creamy green colored soup tempered with chillies and garnished with chopped coriander leaves.
- Melt 1/2 tsp butter, and saute the broccoli florets for 2 minutes till they are soft. remove from fire.
- Add the remaining butter, and heat it. add diced onion and the tender broccoli stems to the butter, and saute it just till the raw smell of onion disappears. to the pan, add water and bring to a boil.
- When the water starts boiling, remove from fire and cool for 5 minutes.
- Blend this mixture in a blender.
- You have the rich creamy broccoli soup.
- Add this to the pan, and again bring it to a boil.
- Add salt to taste, and a dash of fresh ground pepper.
- Serve piping hot, garnished with the saute-ed broccoli florets.
- If you like it, you may drizzle a few drops of cream on top, for extra richness.
- If you like to have a crunchy,nutty bite, you may add crisp fried cashew nuts just before serving.
This recipe was contributed by v_saj on 08 Nov 2000
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.