Cream Cheese ( Chocolate Cookbook)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 99 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 26076 times
Cream cheese is used to make various desserts like cheesecake. Using this simple recipe you can make your own cream cheese in less than 15 minutes. You will never want to go back to the expensive bought cream cheese once you try this recipe.
- Put he milk to a boil in a thick bottomed pan.
- When it comes to a boil, remove from the flame and keep aside for a few minutes.
- In another bowl, mix the citric acid crystals with the warm water.
- Pour this mixture into the hot milk and allow it to stand for about 5 minutes till the milk curdles on its own and the whey is a clear liquid. Stir gently if required.
- Strain this mixture using a muslin cloth.
- Blend the drained milk solids in a food processor till thick and creamy.
- If the drained whey is milky, heat the milk a little more and strain the separated milk solids.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per tbsp
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.