Crackling Wontons with Strawberry Ice-Cream
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 89 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12056 times
An elaborate dessert created with really simple ingredients. Crispy fried wonton wrappers interlaced with fresh strawberries and cream, served with strawberry ice-cream. Once the dessert is assembled, serve immediately or the wonton wrappers will soften.
- Deep fry each wonton wrapper in hot oil for a few seconds till they are golden brown.
- Cool and store in an airtight container.
- Whisk the cream, powdered sugar and vanilla essence in a bowl till it doubles in volume and forms soft peaks.
- Fill into a piping bag and keep refrigerated till required.
- Place a wonton wrapper on a serving plate and pipe out some cream on it.
- Top with some strawberry pieces and sprinkle with some icing sugar.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make two more layers.
- Serve with three small scoops of ice-cream.
- Repeat steps 3 to 6 to make 4 more plates.
- Wonton wrappers are easily available at most provision stores. They are usually stored in the frozen foods section.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.