Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5842 times
you can use chocolate sauce instead of kesari syrup.
make smiley faces putting three dots of chocolate sauce. children will love to crunch these smileys.
Add your private note
Crackle Cookies recipe - How to make Crackle Cookies
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- Sift maida.
- Mix in sugar and gum
- Knead into a dough with the ghee.
- Roll the dough into a thin roti (about 1mm thick) between two sheets of plastic.
- Cut rounds or any other shape using biscuit cutter from the roti.
- Now using a splatula or kunti lift each biscuit carefully and put it on the non-stick tawa.
- Dissolve the kesar in 1 tsp water.
- Decorate the biscuit by putting dots of kesar syrup.take care not to wetten the biscuit.
- Sprinkle the elaichi powder and the chopped dry fuits.
- Heat the tawa on a low flame for about 3-4 min till the sides of the biscuit appear pinkish
- Allow to cool.
- Remove from the tawa after two min.
- Follow the above steps with the remaining dough.
This recipe was contributed by madhuagarwal on 28 Feb 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.