Cracked Wheat Rava Idli
by Vidya Srinivasan
Added to 30 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2166 times
A filling fibre rich healthy breakfast option! Try to make this as close to the serving time possible to enjoy the freshness!
- Heat 1/2 tsp oil in a non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds, urad dal and chana dal.
- When the seeds crackle, remove from the flame and keep aside.
- In the same pan, heat another 1/2 tsp oil and cashew, and roast them till golden brown and set aside.
- Add the broken wheat to the pan and saute for a minute, and let it cool.
- Blend in a mixer to fine grain.
- Add yogurt, salt, carrot, tempering and baking soda to the cracked wheat powder and mix well.
- Add water to get the desired idli batter consistency.
- Let them sit for 10 minutes
- Set the idli steamer ready and grease the idli mould with oil.
- Pour ladle ful of batter to the idli mould and cook for 15 minutes or until done.
- Serve hot with any chutney/ podi/sambar
This recipe was contributed by Vidya Srinivasan on 04 Dec 2014I am Vidya Srinivasan.I am basically from chennai currently residing in US. I enjoy cooking and love...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.