Couscous With Vegetable Stew.
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3363 times
It is healthy, flavourful and simple. It is inspired from morocco. Traditionally it is served in one plate with first couscous mountain-ed on plate and then all the vegetable in the center. Liquid is poured all over the dish from top and on sides. And a handful of kabuli chana are reserved to be topped as a garnish. Serve this one dish meal piping hot. If couscous is not available we can cooked rice or cooked daliya.
- Take couscous in deep bowl. Pour hot boiling salty water on it and immerse it in water. Cover and keep aside for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Then lightly separate the grains by stirring it with fork.
- Stir in lemon juice and basil leaves.
- *for the stew
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the onions and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add all other vegetables and saute for more 3 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock and seasonings, mix well and cook for around 20 to 30 minutes until all the vegetables gets tender.
- Serve couscous with stew garnished with cashewnuts and coriander.
This recipe was contributed by damyantiben on 01 Nov 2012
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.