Courgette Kofta Curry
Added to 24 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10052 times
Courgette kofta curry or dumplings made from grated mixed vegetables are cooked in a spicy thick onion-tomato based curry. The gram flour or besan blended courgette koftas are fried and simmered in the curry for this delicious recipe.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into equal portions and shape them into small balls with wetted or oiled hands.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and gently slide the koftas into the oil and deep fry till they turn golden brown and crisp from all the sides.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Combine the onions, ginger and garlic and blend in a mixer into a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida, onions, ginger and garlic paste and saute till they turn golden to dark brown in colour.
- Add the powdered spices, except garam masala and saute for 10 seconds.
- Add the tomatoes and ssaute till the oil separates.
- Add 2 cups of water and boil for 5 minutes and add the garam masala and mix well.
- Add the salt and chillies and mix well.
- Add the koftas just before serving and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
This recipe was contributed by setseeani on 26 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.