Cottage Cheese Curry
Added to 15 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6649 times
The quintessential cottage cheese or paneer curry is made simple and quick with this cottage cheese curry. The paneer cubes are cooked with sauteed onions, crushed garlic and chopped tomatoes in this spicy and traditional Indian curry . The seasonings and lime juice is added to impart a nice tangy taste to the spicy cottage cheese curry recipe.
- Fry the sliced onion in oil to a golden brown.
- Grind the garlic and ginger to a fine paste and add it to the onion.
- Fry for another two minutes, and coriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala powder, black pepper and finally, the yoghurt.
- Give it a brief boil and take off the fire.
- Marinate the paneer in this masala.
- Combine the flour,salt and milk together to make a paste.
- Place the paneer on an aluminium foil and pour the paste over it.
- Wrap the foil over the cheese to make a tight parcel.
- Place the parcel on a flat plate that can fit inside a pressure cooker.
- Steam the cheese parcel on low flame for 45 minutes in the cooker without using the whistle weight.
- To serve, place the cottage cheese on a plate,and swirl cream on it.
This recipe was contributed by nihala on 08 Jan 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.