Corn ki Subzi, Makai ki Sabzi
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 73 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 110622 times
Here is a quick and easy subzi made of sweet corn, which will make you eat more chapatis than you usually do!
In this mildly-sweet and super tasty subzi, sweet corn is cooked in a base of curds, thickened with besan and flavoured with a paste of onions, ginger and garlic. An aromatic tempering of nigella and cumin seeds boosts the flavour of the subzi to a great extent.
With a balanced taste and pleasing appearance, this Corn ki Subzi will be loved by all. Serve it hot and fresh with chapatis .
- Combine the curds and besan in a bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, add the cumin seeds, nigella seeds and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the prepared onion-ginger-garlic paste, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the salt, turmeric powder, green-chilli paste, prepared curd-besan mixture and corn kernels, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the coriander, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another minute.
- Serve hot garnished with chapatis.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||321.6 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.5 mg|
|Vitamin C||14 mg|
|Folic Acid||22.5 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.