Corn and Vegetable Ring with Coconut Gravy
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 102 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 14301 times
Try this novel dish for a party.
- You can take french beans, carrots, green peas as mixed vegetables.
- Crush the corn lightly.
- Mix the potatoes, vegetables, rice and corn. Add the paste and salt and mix well.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of oil, add half the mustard seeds and fry until they begin to crackle. Add half the sesame seeds and half the cahsewnuts and fry for a few seconds.
- Add the vegetable mixture and mix well.
- Arrange the tomato and capsicum slices at the bottom of a greased ring mould tin.
- Fill the mould with the vegetable mixture. Cover and bake in a hot oven at 200 degree C (400 degree F) for 15 minutes.
- When you want to serve, unmould the ring mould on a serving dish.
- Heat the remaining oil, add the remaining mustard seeds and fry until they begin to crackle. Add the asafoetida and the remaining sesame seeds and cashewnuts and fry for a few seconds. Pour this mixture over the corn and vegetable ring.
- Grate the coconut. Add 3 teacups of water and blend in a mixture. Strain and take out the coconut milk.
- Heat the ghee and fry the cumin seeds until they begin to crackle. Add the green chilli and curry leaves and fry again for 1 minute. Add the paste and fry again for 1 minute.
- Add the coconut milk, sugar and salt and boil for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot with the corn and vegetable ring.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.