Corn and Spinach Cream Cracker Snack, Diabetic Friendly Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 27 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6199 times
Popeye the sailor could never do without a dose of spinach. You too can experience the magic of this super ingredient in this dish. It is a sure-shot hit at cocktail parties as well!
Cream crackers are lower in calories and hence good for diabetics – they are infinitely better than biscuits made from refined flour!
Try other diabetic snacks like Mixed Sprouts Open Toast or Caramelised Capsicum Crostini .
Add your private note
Corn and Spinach Cream Cracker Snack, Diabetic Friendly Recipe recipe - How to make Corn and Spinach Cream Cracker Snack, Diabetic Friendly Recipe
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Baking Time: 5 to 7 minuyes Baking Temperature: 200°C (400°F) Total Time:
Makes 10 crackers
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for a minute, while stirring continuously.
- Add the spinach and green chillies, mix well and sauté on a high flame for 5 minutes, while stirring continuously or till the water evaporates. (drain the extra water).
- Add the corn, milk-flour mixture, salt and pepper, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for another 2 to 3 minutes or till the mixture thickens. Keep aside.
- Place the cream cracker biscuits in a baking tray, spread 1 heaped tbsp of the topping evenly over each biscuit and sprinkle with ½ tsp of cheese.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 2 minutes or till the cheese melts.
- Serve hot.
- It is highly recommended that this recipe be relished by diabetics only occasionally and in small quantities. This is just a mere ‘treat’ and does not qualify for a regular diabetic menu.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.