Corn and Rava Dhokla Stuffed with Green Chutney
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 1524 times
This super soft rava and corn dhokla with a surprise filling of green chutney, is sure to delight your friends and family!
A perfect party snack, it looks and tastes attractive, and can be served independently without any accompaniments because the dhokla itself holds the chutney.
We have used small dhokla moulds to make the Corn and Rava Dhokla Stuffed with Green Chutney as it is handily-sized and convenient to use, but if you do not have it you can use small bowls to steam the batter and make a depression in it using the back of a spoon for the filling.
When removing the dhoklas from the small moulds, avoid using a knife. Just press lightly and demould by tapping.
Try other dhokla recipes like Dhokla Simla Mirch or Methi Palak Chawli Dhokla
- Combine the semolina, curds and ½ cup water in a deep bowl and mix well with a spoon.
- Add the green chilli paste, turmeric powder, asafoetida, oil and salt and mix well.
- Cover it with a lid for 5 minutes.
- Add the corn and mix well.
- Just before steaming add the fruit salt and mix gently.
- Grease the dhokla moulds with oil.
- Pour the batter into 12 of the moulds and steam in a steamer for 10 to 12 minutes or till the dhoklas are cooked.
- Cool slightly and demould by tapping them and turning them upside down and not using a knife.
- Fill the depression in the dhokla with ¼ tsp green chutney.
- Repeat steps 7 to 9 to make 12 more dhoklas.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per dhokla
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.