Corn and Fusilli Soup ( Microwave Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 20 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15756 times
Italian cuisine somehow has a very aesthetic and romantic appeal. Here is a light soup from the Italian repertoire that’s perfect for a romantic candlelight dinner with your sweetheart. The soup features a blend of textures including crunchy corn and soft pastas. The use of small pasta is crucial for the success of this recipe, which can be prepared in a jiffy since corn requires much less cooking time than other vegetables. Serve with toasted bread for a connoisseur’s delight.
- Combine the oil, onions and garlic in a microwave safe bowl, mix well and microwave on high for 2 minutes, stirring once in between after 1 minute.
- Add the corn, fusilli and tomato purée along with 3 cups of water, mix well and microwave on high for 5 minutes, while stirring once in between.
- Add the cornflour-water mixture and salt, mix well and microwave on high for 10 minutes, while stirring twice in between.
- Add the pepper and mix well.
- Serve hot garnished with cheese.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||51.3 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.4 mg|
|Vitamin C||3.6 mg|
|Folic Acid||22.3 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.