Corn and Dill Canapés
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 88 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 27019 times
Pleasantly-flavoured sweet corn and peppy dill are a match made in heaven! Held together by a luscious sauce of milk and plain flour, you get a succulent filling for dainty canapés.
The Corn and Dill Canapé gets all the more exciting with a garnish of cheese and a topping of hot and sweet sauce. The pleasing off-white coloured filling dotted with yellow and green, looks very appealing with cap of grated cheese and a spot of spiky sauce atop it. So appetizing it looks, you can’t wait to bite into one!
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the green chillies and plain flour, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Add the milk and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the corn, dill leaves and pepper powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Arrange the canapé or tart cases on a serving plate.
- Fill approx. 1 tbsp of the filling in each canapé or tart
- Finally sprinkle 1 tsp of cheese evenly all over and a little hot and sweet sauce in the centre.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per tart
|Vitamin A||58.1 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0 mg|
|Vitamin C||0.5 mg|
|Folic Acid||2 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.