Corn and Coriander Panki
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 22 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 33461 times
A wonderful snack to make when corn is in season. While the coriander and green chillies pep up the panki, the innate flavour is heightened by cooking it wrapped in banana leaves. Serve fresh and hot.
- Combine all the ingredients along with 2 tbsp of water in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Apply a little oil on one side of each banana leaf and keep aside.
- Place a banana leaf with the greased side facing upwards, pour 2 tbsp of the batter over it and spread it evenly.
- Place another greased banana leaf with the greased side facing downwards over it and press it lightly.
- Cook on a non-stick tava (griddle) till light brown spots appear on both the sides of the leaf and the panki in between peels off the leaf easily.
- Repeat steps 3 to 5 to make 7 more pankis.
- Serve immediately with green chutney.
- You can cook 2 to 3 pankis at one time on a tava.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per panki
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.