Corn and Cheese Quesadillas ( Mexican)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 68 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12326 times
Relish the lovable gooeyness of cheese and the joyous crunch of corn in these scrumptious quesadillas. This is amongst the most popular Mexican foods across the globe, and since it is made using common and much-liked ingredients, it is sure to strike the right chord with everybody. A combination of refined and whole wheat flours gives the tortillas the perfect texture, while mixed veggies give the stuffing an exciting crunch. Serve the Corn and Cheese Quesadillas immediately, to enjoy the best flavour and texture.
- Combine all the ingredients and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Cover the dough with a lid and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Divide the stuffing into 8 equal portions and keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions.
- Roll each portion of the dough into a 150 mm. (6") diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Place 1 portion of the stuffing on one half of the tortilla and fold it over to make a semi-circle and press it lightly to seal the edges.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the quesadilla, using a little oil, till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 2 to 4 to make 7 more quesadillas.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per quesadilla
|Vitamin A||210.7 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.7 mg|
|Vitamin C||18.7 mg|
|Folic Acid||8.9 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.