Corn Tomato Bharta
by Amarendra Mulye
Added to 14 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 30182 times
A delicious corn tomato bharta comprising of roated tomatoes and corn. This can be served as main course with naan or plain roti.
- Thread the tomatoes in a skewer.
- Place the skewer on the direct flame and roast till the tomatoes starts changing its colour.
- Remove the skin of tomatoes and chop the tomatoes into small pieces. Keep aside.
- Roast the corn cob on an open flame till it turns brown and black in colour.
- Cool and grate the corn and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the garlic, green chillies, ginger and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the onions and saute till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the roasted tomatoes and roasted corn, mix well and saute on a medium flame for 2 minutes
- Add the chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander-cumin seeds powder, salt and garam masala, mix well and cook for 2-4 minutes.
- Add the butter and remaining garlic, mix well and cook for 4 minutes on a slow flame.
- Remove from the flame and transfer it into serving plate.
- Serve hot and garnish with coriander.
This recipe was contributed by Amarendra Mulye on 26 Aug 2011I am complete foodie and love to indulge into variety of food items. I love trying out and learning ...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.