Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9856 times
The corn tikki is an innovative tikki or cutlet recipe with mashed corn and spices as fillings. Garnish the corn tikkis with imli chutney, curd, coriander chutney,chaat masala, etc and the lip smacking tikki would be ready to eat. Share your tikki recipe online.
- Combine the ginger, garlic, green chillies and coriander leaves and blend in a mixer into a smooth paste.
- Add the sugar and blend again till smooth. Keep aside.
- Blend the corn kernels into a coarse mixture and keep aside.
- Soak the bread slices in water and squeeze them.
- Combine the crushed corn, mashed potatoes, green paste, bread, corn flour and salt in a bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into equal portions and shep them into small round flat tikkis.
- Roll in vermicelli or semolina and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep fry the tikkis till they turn golden brown and crisp from all the sides.
- Serve hot with green chutney or sauce.
This recipe was contributed by janhavid16 on 26 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.