Corn Shami Kebab
by Amarendra Mulye
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 11 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6226 times
Shami kebab is an extremely popular snack in india and pakistan. Shami kebabs are composed of small patty. These kebabs are served with raw onions and mint-coriander chutney.
- In a deep pan, boil enough water and add the corn kernels.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes and remove from the water.
- Add the chana dal in the same water and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove and drain the excess water.
- Combine the corn and chana dal and blend in a mixer to a coarse mixture.
- Add the green chilli paste, coriander, coriander-cumin seeds powder, garam masala, chaat masala, salt and lemon juice and mix well.
- Add the bread slices and mix well.
- Add the corn flour if required and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 16 equal portions and shape each into small balls.
- Flatten each ball and keep aside.
- Combine the cheese and mint in a bowl and divide the stuffing into 16 equal portions.
- Place a portion of the stuffing at the center of ball and seal the edges tightly and shape them into kebabs.
- Repeat the same to make 15 more kebabs.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep fry each kebab till they turn golden brown and crisp from all the sides.
- Serve hot with green chutney and tomato sauce
This recipe was contributed by Amarendra Mulye on 11 Jul 2011I am complete foodie and love to indulge into variety of food items. I love trying out and learning ...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.