Corn Sambhar ( South Indian Recipes )
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
- हिन्दी में पढ़ें (Corn Sambhar ( South Indian Recipes ) in Hindi)
Added to 20 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 23656 times
An extremely innovative variant of the quintessential sambhar, this adds to your meal the nutritional benefits of corn and the cooling effect of madras onions. As a variation, you can also add one red chilli and ½ tsp of methi seeds to the tempering it boosts the flavour and aroma.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the curry leaves and asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the potatoes, madras onions and 1½ cups of water and cook on a medium flame for 8 to 10 minutes or till the vegetables are soft, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the sambhar masala, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the corn, salt and 1½ cups of water, mix well and bring to a boil.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
- Instead of grating the corn cobs, 1 cup coarsely crushed corn kernels can also be used.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||53.1 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||5.6 mg|
|Folic Acid||24.4 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.