Corn Sajjapa, Kannada Maida Puri Stuffed with Corn
by Radha Hoizal
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 1917 times
This is a stuffing of corn in maida based puri and is to be deep fried.If it is deep fried in ghee it tastes excellent,if sufficient ghee is not available at home one can use refined oil for deep frying.These type of puris are called sajjappas in kannada.
- Take a mixer jar and put all the ingredients except dates pieces and cardamom powder and grind to a fine paste.
- Heat a kadhai and put this paste and fry till it leaves the vessel and forms a ball.
- Lastly add cashewnuts pieces and cardamom powder and mix well and keep this stuffing aside.
- Divide this stuffing to 10 equal parts and make balls of it and keep aside
- Put the plain flour,ghee and water and bind a little softer dough.
- Wrap the dough with a wet muslin cloth and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes the dough will be elastic.
- Take this dough and make balls of lemon size.
- Flatten it with the help of greased fingers on a greased (with oil) plastic sheet.
- Now place the stuffing on it and close from all sides and tap it on the same plastic sheet to give a puri shape.
- Puris should be 1/2 cm thick. Similarly make more such puris.
- Deep fry these puris in hot ghee till golden brown and serve.
- These type of puris can be stored for 15-20 days.
This recipe was contributed by Radha Hoizal on 01 Dec 2016Me an avid vegetarian.Born in Gujarath(Ahmedabad)to an orthodox kannada brahmin couple.Now settled i...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.